The next MAD event is
MAD 2015 Tidewater Virgina August 29
Military Registrations are now open for MAD 2015 Tidewater Virgina.
See the Tidewater Chapter page for more information
Congratulations to MAD Chapter Morehead City for another outstanding event.
Thanks to volunteer photographers
Ashton Suddarth, Izzy, Sara Roman and Margie Nicholas
Back for event number 3 is the MAD Tidewater Virginia chapter! August 29th 2015 they will show the Nations Heroes a fun day on the water by going fishing and just having some fun!
Home base will be once again be Wallace’s Bait and Tackle on Dandy Point Road in Hampton. Many captains will depart from their dock or port of choice with all planning to have their troops back to Wallace’s by 3pm. While the troops are fishing family members are invited to participate in an afternoon of fun activities for the children that include games of skill with PRIZES for the winners, followed by a meal sure to please! Drinks, snacks and sno cones will be available for all. The activities will be ready to roll at 1pm
We need boat volunteers! Treat some new Military friends to a fun day on the water, with fish as a bonus! Please click here to volunteer your boat, you won’t regret it!
We also need land based volunteers for dock help, Troop registration and general site volunteers! Get a tee shirt and a great sense of pride helping us say One, Simple, Thanks! to these Military Heroes!
Click here to signup and volunteer!
Let’s roll MAD Tidewater!
This YouTube video submitted by Captain Ken Trull aboard the Myra Treat was recorded on May 30, 2015.
UPDATE May 24,
Military Enrollment for MAD 2015 Morehead City has been closed.
If you enrolled before closing, be sure to inform us as soon as you are not able to attend. We realize things change with your orders, but these volunteers are spending their time, effort and hundreds of dollars to get their boat ready to take you fishing! We have no-shows that make for empty boats at these events, and only you can help.
Also, If you got your registration in before the closing, you can review and revised your registration information using the Military Registration Status page. You can also check on your boat assignment status.
We have many, many shore based activities if you are not interested in fishing, these include:
· Kids dock side fishing derby.
· Kids coloring books and sidewalk chalk.
· Family boat rides around the harbor and State Port.
· One hour family fishing trips in nearby harbor.
· Carrot Island Wild Pony boat tour.
· Pirate Revenge ship where kids get to dress like pirates and shoot water cannons at a smaller renegade pirate boat.
· Scavenger hunt on Sugarloaf Island (includes USCG licensed Captain ferry ride)
· Horse and carriage rides.
· Bounce house and dunk tank.
· Free hot dog and hamburger lunch.
· Free snacks – popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones.
· Free face painting.
· Corn hole and other games.
· Park with slides and swings.
· Live music with three bands.
· DJ at City Park.
Selfie assistant volunteers will help use your device for taking your picture having fun!