Please remember if fishing in groups of two or more to please signup the same time as your buddies, this ensures the best chance of placing you on boats together! Most boats can take 2-3 people together, and only a few of our volunteer boats can handle larger groups of 4 or more. If you request to be placed in a larger (4+) group and we are out of boats for that, you may not be initially placed.
Try to limit your group size to 2-3 to help us out, or we may place you on a headboat like the Crystal Coast Lady which can take 80 Troops.
If you form a group, please try to pick a unique name and place the name in the comments section at the bottom of the enrollment form. We will do our absolute best to keep your group together, depending on current boat seat availability.
Also, PLEASE be sure to inform us as soon as you are not able to attend. We realize things change with your orders, but these volunteers are spending their time, effort and hundreds of dollars to get their boat ready to take you fishing! We have no-shows that make for empty boats at these events, and only you can help.
Lastly, we have many, many shore based activities if you are not interested in fishing, these include:
· Kids dock side fishing derby.
· Kids coloring books and sidewalk chalk.
· Family boat rides around the harbor and State Port.
· One hour family fishing trips in nearby harbor.
· Carrot Island Wild Pony boat tour.
· Pirate Revenge ship where kids get to dress like pirates and shoot water cannons at a smaller renegade pirate boat.
· Scavenger hunt on Sugarloaf Island (includes USCG licensed Captain ferry ride)
· Horse and carriage rides.
· Bounce house and dunk tank.
· Free hot dog and hamburger lunch.
· Free snacks – popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones.
· Free face painting.
· Corn hole and other games.
· Park with slides and swings.
· Live music with three bands.
· DJ at City Park.
Selfie assistant volunteers will help use your device for taking your picture having fun!